1. You need to support P.S. 9, buy some gifts and entertain the kids. Do all three at the , where there will be dozens of artisans selling their wares (including gourmet food) as well as activities from noon to 5 p.m. for the kids. All proceeds go to the school's arts programs. 80 Underhill Ave., 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free admission, kids events are $5. Tomorrow is also the at LaunchPad, which includes a free kite-making workshop. 721 Franklin Ave. from noon to 6 p.m. Free.
2. You need to meet Leonard Lopate and Catherine Chung. Head to the where WNYC's Lopate hosts This week, Catherine Chung reads from her debut novel, Forgotten Country. 10 Grand Army Plaza, 4 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Also at the there's a musical performance of . 10 Grand Army Plaza, 1 p.m. Free. See our (plus the Prospect Heights Craft Fair listed above) for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, but you should note that all weekend, there will be no 4 trains south of Brooklyn Bridge. However 3 train service will be extended to New Lots Avenue, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Not today of course, but alternate side won't be suspended again until Thursday, May 17 for Solemnity of the Ascension, according to the NYCDOT.