1. Learn about caring for a loved one with dementia. New York Times reporter Alex Witchel, author of The Spare Wife, will discuss the realities of caring for someone with dementia from the perspective of someone who has gone through it at All Gone: A Memoir of My Mother’s Dementia. 7 p.m. at Cobble Hill Health Center, 380 Henry St. Free.
2. Work in good company. Beast now has "queer coworking" every Wednesday from 11-4. All are welcome and there are gluten-free and vegan options. Most items $10. 638 Bergen St. at Vanderbilt Avenue.
3. Learn to knit in time for winter. Head to the Park Slope Library's Knitting Group where knitters of all levels can learn from each other. 431 6th Ave., 1 p.m. Free.
4. Hear a good story. Head to Little Stories at Little Zelda were people share thier tales in five minutes or less. 728 Franklin Ave. 9 p.m. Free.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today. The next suspension is Saturday, Dec. 8 (and the next suspension of any use is on Christmas Day).