1. Find a place to work out of the house. If you're a freelancer and sick of working at the kitchen table or coffee shops, good news: the Brainery is opening a coworking space in Prospect Heights this winter. Tonight there's an informal meet-up about it. Soda Bar, 629 Vanderbilt Ave., 7 p.m.
2. Help beautify Prospect Park: East Side Revival Corps volunteers meet every week to clean and green the Park's east side at the Vale of Cashmere (off of East Drive, near Grand Army Plaza). You can register at (718) 965-8960.
3. Bring an umbrella: The forecast for today is 70ºF with a 60% chance of showers throughout the day.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... FastTrack returns for the 1,2,3 lines on Oct 15-19 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.; the F/G trains continue to bypass Smith-9th St. according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. Yes. The next suspension won't be until Friday, Oct. 26 for Idul-Adha, according to the NYCDOT.
About this column: Brooklyn information and events you won't want to miss, including the subway and alternate side info each day.