1. You need some friendly competition. There are two trivia nights tonight to keep your competative edge sharp: at 8 p.m. and at 9 p.m. No cover.
2. You need a little bit of country. Also choices tonight: There's beginning at 9:30 p.m. (preceded by bingo at 8) and at 9. No cover at either.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Today is the second to last of the , where kids to learn about New York City garden plants and animals through hands-on exploration, story time, and garden hunts. The event is canceled in rain or heat of 95°F or above. Meet in Discovery Garden. , 1000 Washington Avenue, 1:30 p.m. Free. See our weekly list of for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You don't! Alternate side is suspended Monday and Tuesday, August 20-21 for Idul-Fitr, according to the NYCDOT.