1. You need a good trivia night ... and some beer. Head to at at 8 or at 9. No cover.
2. You need country music. You have two choices tonight: There's the country/rock/pop music of at 11 p.m. ( at and at where Viva and Gerard tribute acts ranging from Loretta Lynn to Kool & The Gang with a live three-piece band at 9. No cover at either spot.
2.5 You need to cheer on Team USA ... and have a martini. See our list of and their drink specials.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to the where young urban gardeners will explore a different nature theme each week and then create their own windowsill planting or nature craft. The event is canceled in rain or heat of 95°F or above. Meet in Discovery Garden. , 1000 Washington Avenue, 1:30 p.m. Free.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... Between midnight and 5 a.m. the Brooklyn-bound 2 and 4 trains will run express between Atlantic and Franklin avenues, according to the MTA.
5. ... Or if you have to move your car. You do. Alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again until Wednesday, August 15 for Feast of the Assumption, according to the NYCDOT.