1. You need folk/indie/soul. Head to to hear Lynette Williams. 603 Vanderbilt Ave. at Bergen St., 10 p.m. No cover.
2. You need "absurdist rock cabaret." And who doesn't? For that go to to hear at 9 p.m. are also playing at 11 p.m. 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect Place. No cover.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. But it's going to be freezing today so you don't want to go very far. Head to for the sing-along at 10:30 a.m., or, for kids 0-18 months, go to the at 10 or 10:30 a.m. for Babies and books. Or, see our for more events.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... The late-night Q train horror continues: Between 11:50 p.m. and 5 a.m. Tues-Fri. through Jan. 20, trains are running every 30 minutes between Atlantic Avenue and Stillwell Avenue. Brooklyn-bound trains will drop you at Pacific and you will have to walk to Atlantic and wait (often for a long time) for the next leg (the reverse Manhattan-bound). In addition, there are no No. 3 trains south of 34th Street between 10 p.m. and midnight through Thursday, take the No. 2 and No. 4 trains instead, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. You do, sorry. Alternate side won't be suspended again until Monday, Jan. 16 for MLK day, according to the NYCDOT.