1. Hear Rosanne Cash ... and raise some cash. Tonight, Rosanne Cash To Headlines a Sandy Relief Show at The Bell House, 149 7th St. at 2nd Ave. in Gowanus. $30. See other ways to help Sandy survivors here.
2. Have some fun. It's been a rough few weeks, and for some, a rough weekend is ahead. So take a little time tonight to unwind at Chez Oskar, where the "little big band jazz" ensemble Sarah King and the Smokerings will be playing beginning at 8 p.m. If storytelling is more your thing, there's Little Stories at Little Zelda, 728 Franklin Ave. bet. Sterling and Park beginning at 9 p.m. No cover at either spot.
3. Improve your writing. The Writhing Society meets weekly at Proteus Gowanus to practice and discuss the techniques of constrained writing—rules that drive a writer to "say what you hadn’t expected to say in ways you never would have chosen to say it," acording to the group. Proteus Gowanus, 543 Union Street at Nevins Street, 7:00 p.m., $5.
4. Encourage new talent. Tonight is the montly event This Is Not On The Radio, a showcase of up and coming artists at Branded Saloon. 603 Vanderbilt Avenue at Bergen, 9 p.m. No cover.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking is in effect today. It will be suspended on Thanksgiving—but rules are in effect on Friday, according to the NYCDOT.