1. You need to do something different. Head to for their first , which is actually more similar to performance art. Then, catch at 10 p.m. 603 Vanderbilt Ave. at Bergen, 7 p.m. Free.
2. You need music, free music. Head to to hear singer-songwriter backed by The Abandoned Buildings 683 Washington Avenue between St. Marks and Prospect, 8 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. If you have been wanting to go roller skating with the kids but don't want to invest in the equipment, head to Prospect Park todaywhere there will be skate and safety equipment rental and instruction by Skate Truck NYC. The truck will be at 3rd Street entrance to the Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last rental at 3 p.m. and will return to the park periodically over the summer (see link). See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running. There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, according to the MTA.
5. And if you have to move your car. Alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again be until Wednesday, August 15 for Feast of the Assumption. (And since Wednesdays don't help Prospect Heighters, note that the nextsuspension of use is on Monday, August 20 for Idul-Fitr, according to the NYCDOT.