1. You need old country, soul and folk. Head to to hear at 9 p.m., followed by the soulful music of at 10:30p.m. 837 Union St. at Seventh Avenue, No cover.
2. You need grungy art-rock. Head to to hear the dark sound of this up-and-coming band. , 30 Lafayette Ave., 10 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Thanks to Spring Break Lefferts House in Prospect Park is open where kids can play in the and make their own pot of herbs to take home in their "Spring Sprouts" program. Lefferts Historic House at Prospect Park (Use entrance at Empire Boulevard and Flatbush and Ocean Avenues), 1-4 p.m. Free. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... There are no service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today or over the weekend, but note that the Q-train will be running through the tunnel to Manhattan Saturday and Sunday so leave extra time, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. You don't! Alternate side will be suspended today for Good Friday (Eastern Orthodox) and Passover, according to the NYCDOT.