1. You need register to vote (or change your address). You moved to our lovely neighborhood. Save yourself a trip to your old polling place. You have through tonight to change your voter registration (or register to vote for the first time) to qualify for the Nov. 6 election.
2. You need to support your local merchants (and eat cupcakes). Head to Lady J+1, the newish jewelry store at 679 Classon Ave., where, between 7 and 9 p.m. there will be free drinks and cupcakes for shoppers along with 20 percent off.
3. You need to be social. Head to the Bklyn Larder Cheese Social, where you learn about cheese, then get to taste it. 9 to 10:30 p.m. $50.
4. You need to get the kids out of the house.Head to Dean Street for a Sing-Along with Mike Messer. 755 Dean St (at the corner of Underhill Ave), 10:30 a.m. $5/family.
5. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights today or over the weekend, according to the MTA, though there are weekend subway changes between Franklin and New Lots on the 3 Train and south of Prospect Park on the Q.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. Alternate side is in effect today. The next suspension is Friday, Oct. 26 for Idul-Adha, according to the NYCDOT.