1. Date local. Take your honey to the movies right on Washington Avenue. Atlantic Co. is showing "Searching for Sugarman," at it's weekly Movie Night at Atlantic Co. Show starts at 8:30 p.m.
2. Drink local. We're halfway through New York City Beer Week (it ends Sunday, March 3). Have you made the most of local discounts, tap takeovers and special events? In Prospect Heights, Washington Commons is participating, as re the nearby Pacific Standard, 82 4th Ave., Rosamunde Sausage Grill, 285 Bedford Ave. and 4th Avenue Pub, 76 4th Ave. And, frankly, we're feeling parched.
3. Blush (fairly) local. WASSABASCO will host its annual free evening of burlesque entertainment at The Bell House tonight, Feb. 28 at 8 p.m. Featuring over 20 performers in one jam-packed night of striptease entertainment, you can't afford to miss it.
4. Learn local. Entrepreneurial teens will be taught what it takes to start a business at a free workshop being hosted at the at 4:30 p.m. today. Sounds like a smart idea.
5. Stay local. Alternate side parking is in effect today.