Prospect Heights-area events and information you won't want to miss.
- You need to fish. Children 15 and under are taught to fish for free during at Prospect Park. Enjoy the outdoors and stay active! Lincoln Rd & Ocean Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225, 1pm, Free.
- You need to see a film. Head on over to the Brooklyn Museum to see “,” a documentary about Leonard Percival Howell, Rastafarianism's founder. 200 Eastern Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11238, 2pm, Free.
- You need to play transit games with the kids. Get out of the heat and head over to the where kids are taught subway signals while playing fun games like “red light, green light.” Boerum Pl & Schermerhorn St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, 1:30pm-3pm, free with museum admission.
- You need to Holler. Well, you don’t need to holler, but you should at least hear the band by the same name formed in 2009 by Rachael Benjamin. The band’s tunes reflect traditions of the Appalachian’s. They will be followed by at 10pm. 683 Washington Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11238, 8pm, Free.
- You need to Celebrate Brooklyn! Aofie O’Donovan and Lyle Lovett and His Acoustic Group close out festivities with country, bluegrass and folk music. Prospect Park W & 9th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215, 7:30pm, Free.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now