1. Get out of the house (and leave the kids). If you're in need of a date night, consider leaving your kids at the Parents' Night Out Monthly Pajama Party! At $45 for the first kid and $25 for siblings, the three hour drop off may not save you any money, but the event includes dinner and fun activities for the kids and raises money for young mothers in need. Kidville, 808 Union St. 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
2. Listen to some violin dance music. Head to Elberta, where violinist Phearnon plays classic hits that will make you want to dance. 335 Flatbush Ave., 8 p.m.-11 p.m., Free.
3. Get the kids out of the house. Head to Dean Street for a Sing-Along with Mike Messer. 755 Dean St (at the corner of Underhill Ave), 10:30 a.m. $5/family.
4. Find out if your train is running. FastTrack returns for the 1,2,3 lines on Oct 15-19 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. In addition, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., Manhattan-bound Q trains are running express, according to the MTA.
5. Move your car. Alternate side is in effect today. The next suspension won't be until Friday, Oct. 26 for Idul-Adha, according to the NYCDOT.