1. You need to shop local. This afternoon, hit the * at LaunchPad and then this evening, area merchants are holding where you can snag such goodies as free wine, cupcakes and hot chocolate as well as discounts at more than a dozen spots. Plus there's a free trolly to take you around.
2. You need to see the Youth and Beauty exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. If you haven't gotten there already tonight's your night, because that's the focus of this month's . Plus the free trolley will take there. , 200 Eastern Pkwy, 5 p.m.-10 p.m., Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. So many events today, but we were especially taken by the description for at the , 10 Grand Army Plaza, 1 p.m. Free. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations all weekend, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Not today, but keep your eyes open for a Tues/Fri spot because alternate side won't be suspended again until Thursday, Dec. 8, according to the NYCDOT.
*I apologize to anyone who tried to go to it last weekend. We accidentally posted it a week early.