1. You need some friendly competition. There are two trivia nights tonight: at 8 p.m. and at 9 p.m. No cover.
2. You need to support the Brooklyn Philharmonic (and maybe meet Mos Def). This Thursday is , honoring Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) and Gideon Gartner. Although the whole shebang (cocktails, dinner, after party) is $500, you can opt for just the coctail portion for $150 or the after party for $40. 15 Washington Ave. 6:30 p.m.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to the for Toddler Time. Space is limited so pick up a ticket at the library the morning of the program. 10 Grand Army Plaza, 10:15 or 11 a.m. Free. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, but you should note that between midnight and 5 a.m. all week there are no No. 4 trains south of Brooklyn Bridge and no No. 5 trains south of Grand Central. The No. 3 train service will be extended to New Lots Avenue, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. You do. Alternate side won't be suspended again until Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day, according to the NYCDOT.