1. You need to do something different. Head to the Brooklyn Museum for where the events will be themed around the museum's new exhibit "" including traditional Hindu dance and storytelling, modern Indian music, hands-on art projects a curator talk, and, of course, the dance party. . , 200 Eastern Pkwy, 5-11 p.m., Free.
2. You need to strut your stuff. Head to Washington Avenue for . All vocalists, spoken word artists, rappers, comedians, poets, and musicians are welcome. Sign up is 8:45 p.m. Mic opens at 9:00 p.m. If you are interested in performing, email email@example.com or call 718-975-0304. 687 Washington Ave. bet. Prospect and St. Marks. Free.
3. You need (free) wine. Head to Vanderbilt Avenue for a . 5:00pm–7:00pm.
4. You need to get the kids out of the house. Today is the first of a series of sponsored by Macy's at Prospect Park. The Audubon Center at the Boathouse (just inside the Lincoln Road/Ocean Ave. entrance to Prospect Park), 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., Free. Or, see our full list of .
5. You need to know if your train is running, and if you have to move your car. All weekend, there are no 4 trains between Brooklyn Bridge and New Lots Avenue, according to the MTA. The 3 train, however is extended to New Lots. As for moving your car – alternate side is suspended Monday, July 4, according to the NYC DOT.