1. You need absurdist rock cabaret. Head to for the unique sounds of the . 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect. 10 p.m. Free.
2. You need country and bluegrass. In that case, go instead to , where you can hear the acoustic country and bluegrass of Abby Hollander and special guests. 728 Franklin Ave., 7 p.m. No cover.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. You're in luck, because today you can take them to the Amazing Ken Magic Show for kids ages 6 to 17. , 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Grand Army Plaza, Free.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, although between midnight and 5 a.m. Manhattan-bound Q trains are running through the tunnel, so leave an extra 10 minutes, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You do. The next suspension isn't until Monday, Sept. 3 for Labor Day, according to the NYCDOT.