1. You need to get involved in your community. Head to Save Our Street Crown Heights' . In addition to over 40 pieces of art submitted by area residents, there will be live music and food. The location is a bit of a hike, but well worth it. 1160 St. Johns Place bet. Kingston and Albany, 6:30 p.m. Free.
2. You need to ... sing! After the art opening, head to . 769 Washington Ave., 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. No cover.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Two great events at the today: Babies and Books for little ones up to 18 months (10:15 or 11 a.m., Children's Wing), and , where children's book author David Ezra Stein will read from his latest works and discuss his illustrations (10 a.m., Dweck Center) 10 Grand Army Plaza, Free. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, but you should note that between midnight and 5 a.m. all week there are no No. 4 trains south of Brooklyn Bridge and no No. 5 trains south of Grand Central. The No. 3 train service will be extended to New Lots Avenue, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Not there's Wednesday street cleaning in Prospect Heights, but alternate side won't be suspended until Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day, according to the NYCDOT.