1. You need to support your local school. On Labor Day, head to the . A $10 donation for PS9 gets you barbecued suckling pig, beer, wind and the restaurant's "Moo Juice" cocktails. We're letting you know now, so you can plan. Sunburnt Calf, 611 Vanderbilt Ave., 5:30 p.m. $10.
2. You need to sing! This week the , is for women only, and the album is Joni Mitchell's Blue. 728 Franklin Ave., between Park and Sterling places. 9 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Today is the last day of 12 to 6 p.m. Enter Prospect Park at the Willink entrance, located at Ocean and Flatbush Avenues and Empire Boulevard. See our weekly list of for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, although between midnight and 5 a.m. Manhattan-bound Q trains are running through the tunnel, so leave an extra 10 minutes, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You do. The next suspension isn't until Monday, Sept. 3 for Labor Day, according to the NYCDOT.